Engine: 4-cyl., OHV
Displacement: 88.7 cubic inches
Horsepower: 65hp @ 4,500rpm
Transmission: 3 Speed Manual
Retail Price: $1,989 (Base Price)
Wheelbase: 99.6 in.
Overall Length: 171.9 in.
Overall Height: 60.2 in.
Overall Width: 66.8 in.
Curb Weight: 2,630 lbs.
- This 1959 Toyopet was fist sold by Krause Toyota in 1959, taken back in trade in 1970, maintained in running condition and kept on display in the show room for 28 years.
- This first imported Toyopet was the RS-L in 1958 of which 643 were imported. This model was followed by the RS22L in 1959 at a volume of 1290 units.
- 2,137 of these cars sold from 1958 to 1960.
- Toyopets were underpowered for high-speed US freeway travel.
- Due to the deficincies of the Toyopet