Displacement: 4.0 liters
Horsepower: 250 hp @ 5600 rpm
Transmission: 4-speed ECT-i
Retail Price: $35,000
Wheelbase: 110.8 in.
Overall Length: 196.7 in.
Overall Height: 55.3 in.
Overall Width: 71.7 in.
Curb Weight: 3,579 lbs.
- This is one of 450 prototypes built in 1985
- The LS40 made its American debut in 1989 at the North American Auto Show in Detroit and the Los Angeles Auto Show.
- The LS400 sold 2,919 in its first month, outselling the Mercedes-Benz 300, 400 & 500 Series, S-clas and 190 combined.
- A 1990 Consumer Reports comparison test of several luxury vehicles, including the LS 400 noted, "LS 400 was simply the finest car the magazine has ever tested."
- The LS 460 Hybrid debuted in 2007.